This is pattern no. 108 from Burda magazine 3/2011, with a "normal" skirt instead of a balloon skirt. It is in fact a fitted bodice with a gathered rectangle as the skirt part.
Since I was very impatient, I did not make a muslin at all, just made the usual alterations directly on the paper pattern just with measuring. So I did not expect it to be perfect, but I am a bit unhappy with the too small armholes. Which I could have noticed when trying on the dress several times during the construction process. Well, I did try it on several times, but for some reason I never noticed the armhole problem until the dress was finished. So I let out the shoulder seams afterwards for as much as possible, but it still feels a bit too tight around the shoulders. The dress is still comfortable enough to wear it, luckily!
|Die Armlöcher sind etwas zu klein - selber schuld, ich war ungeduldig und habe auf ein Probeteil verzichtet: ganz schlechte Idee!|
|Reading other sewing blogs!|